These baked garlic potato slices with delicious flavor of oregano and baked to crispy perfection, are perfect snack for anytime of the day!
Any potato lovers here? I know of one. Me!
I love anything potato. Some of these potato recipes are what I end up making whenever I am stuck for dinner or snack ideas.
These baked garlic potato slices flavored with oregano and other condiments is what I love to munch on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Not only are these so delicious, they are so easy to make. You only need a handful of ingredients to make these delicious snacks – potatoes, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper!
To make these baked garlic potato slices, cut the potatoes into small slices. Soak in water for 15 – 20 minutes. This helps potatoes from getting soggy while baking.
Remove from water. Pat dry with paper towel. Make sure to dry them as much as possible. Place in a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Toss gently. Make sure all the potato slices are covered with olive oil and other condiments. Place potato slices on prepared baking dish, in single layer.
Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
Top with parsley or cilantro.
Enjoy while they are still warm.
I normally do not store them for too long. Mine are mostly gone pretty fast. I’m sure yours will go fast too. Just try them once and see how delicious they are!
If you happen to make these Baked Garlic Potato Slices, please upload on Instagram and hashtag with #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your recipes!
Baked Garlic Potato Slices Recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Soak the sliced potatoes in water for 15 - 20 minutes to remove starch. This will also help potatoes from getting soggy while baking.
- Remove from water and pat dry with paper towel. Make sure they are as dry as possible.
- Place in the medium sized bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss to combine. Potato slices will be covered with olive oil, oregano and other ingredients.
- Place potato slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and let bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
Looking for more potato recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
That’s all for today! Until next time …..