I do not have a sweet tooth so I am always looking to make something on the less sweeter side. While thinking hard on what to make for breakfast this weekend, I came across these delicious looking morning glory muffins that used carrot, zucchini, apple and banana.
They looked delicious but I do not like to add more than 2 or 3 main ingredients in my baking items. So, I decided to skip apple and use zucchini, carrots and banana only. And I am so glad I did.
These muffins are so delicious, super moist and super healthy!
My three year old just loves these muffins. I couldn’t be happier, he is eating hidden veggies in these healthy muffins. These muffins have 2 veggies, 1 fruits, no butter, no sugar and other healthy stuff that I am sure I can’t find in any store made muffins.
These fluffy, moist muffins are sure to show up on your dining table quite frequently as soon as you try them even once!
Banana Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Yield: 6 Muffins
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together olive oil, applesauce and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Chop carrots, zucchini and bananas to small pieces.
- Pour the chopped ingredients into mixing bowl with the applesauce, olive oil and egg.
- Add other ingredients in this mixture as well: whole wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and salt. The mix will look something like this.
- Grease baking cups with little oil and put them in muffins baking tray.
- Spoon in muffin batter 2/3 full. And bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve it to your little one when it is at a room temperature of warm enough.