No Eggs, No Oil, No Butter, No Dairy but a super moist and super delicious cake that’s super healthy. This Banana Chocolate Cake with Homemade Applesauce is all you need when you are craving something sweet.
Whip up all the ingredients whenever you feel like snacking, but eat up as much as you want without feeling guilty. And now that holidays are here, you can enjoy it even more.
As much as I love my other healthy banana bread, this one is equally healthy. I love the chewy and fudge like texture this cake offers. It tastes just like a traditional fudge, with delicious chocolate flavor mingled with ripe banana and melted chocolate chips making it an ooey gooey combination of deliciousness.
Take a bite and you wont even believe that this cake is loaded with so many healthy ingredients and that there is no butter or oil in it.
I used homemade applesauce in this cake. Normally I use store bought one, but this time when I decided to make this cake, I was out of applesauce. Since I was craving something like this so bad, I decided to make applesauce at home. We also were left with so many apples from our apple picking trips, so making applesauce at home seemed like a great idea.
If you happen to make this Banana Chocolate Cake, please upload on Instagram and hashtag with #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your recipes!
Banana Chocolate Cake with Homemade Applesauce Recipe
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray the baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash a ripened banana with a fork.
- Add brown sugar, water, vinegar and applesauce.
- Add all purpose flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix till thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Top with semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the inserted tooth comes out clean.
- Enjoy with cold or warm milk.
Looking for more cake recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
That’s all for today! Until Next Time …..