Have you been in a situation like this?
Picture this …..
One casual evening, you and your hubby (or your best / casual friend) wanted to munch on a snack after a day’s hard work. You go through your fridge, see something that you were not going to eat raw, make a snack out of it.
Just when you put everything on a table, sit in your couch and about to stuff your mouth with this newly discovered snack, his phone rings. He steps out for a minute.
You are left behind all alone with the plate full of not-yet-tasted snack.
This is the first time you are trying it so you just want to see what it tastes like. You pick up a teeny tiny piece, put it in your mouth. It’s crispiness, just disappears in your mouth like thin air.
You start wondering if it really tasted that good.
You pick up another one, there it goes again disappearing in your mouth. And another one.
By the time your hubby comes back, you almost empty the plate!
That’s when you get “the” look!
That was me left behind with the plate full of baked kale chips. My husband came back to this almost empty plate. I couldn’t find a place to hide 🙂
It’s just that I had no idea they tasted so good.
This salty, thin, crispy and addictive snack is what you need for your movie nights. It does have an acquired taste but I like it much better than it’s raw version.
And you know what? It’s easy to make. Takes total of 15 minutes from start to finish.
What? You want to try some yourself? Let’s do it then!
It’s pretty simple …
Pick your favorite kale leaves, give them a good rinse. Spread the leaves on paper towel. Roll in paper towel to dry as much as you can.
Using a kitchen knife or a scissors, cut out the ribs of the kale leaves. This is the bitter part you don’t want in your chips. Place the kale in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Toss gently but thoroughly. You want every leaf to get covered with olive oil. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the kale on baking sheet evenly.
Bake the kale for 8 – 10 minutes.
Make sure to bake for some more time until crispy enough.
If you happen to make these baked kale chips, please upload on Instagram and hashtag #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your creations.
Crispy Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pick your favorite kale leaves.
- Give them a good rinse. Spread the leaves on paper towel.
- Roll in paper towel to dry as much as you can.
- Using a kitchen knife or a scissors, cut out the ribs of the kale leaves. This is the bitter part you don't want in your chips.
- Place the kale in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss gently but thoroughly. You want every leaf to get covered with olive oil.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the kale on baking sheet evenly. Sprinkle with salt and red chili flakes.
- Bake the kale for 8 - 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Take out of the oven once baked fully. Let cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the crispy deliciousness.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe. I will be back with another delicious one. Stay tuned …..