This super moist, fluffy, lightly sweetened banana bread is not only so delicious but so healthy with ingredients like whole wheat flour, olive oil and brown sugar.
Banana Bread is one of the most popular go to snacks in our house. Especially in winters, when you can’t get enough of tea or coffee. Whenever I drink coffee, I go for a slice.
This is my favorite snack to munch on with coffee, for obvious reasons. No wonder, I am always looking to make yet another healthier version of this delicious bread. I have tried this one and this one. I love these too, plus add this one to the list.
My friend told me about this whole wheat banana bread that she tried few days ago, and how it came out so awesome. I decided to give this one a try. And voila! I loved my newly tried moist and flavorful banana bread.
Of course I did a few changes. I added Greek Yogurt and brown sugar instead of honey. I have to try vegan version of this banana bread by replacing Greek Yogurt with almond milk and honey with maple syrup.
I used White Whole Wheat Flour for this one. You can use the one of your choice. I used all purpose flour in this version, and really wanted to make one with whole wheat flour. You can’t even tell that it’s made from whole wheat flour. It is equally delicious.
My son loves to eat his slice with butter. I sometimes put margarine on mine. It makes it melt in your mouth delicious.
With ingredients like banana, whole wheat flour and brown sugar, you can eat a slice or two anytime you feel like eating.
If you like nuts in your bread, you can add walnuts or pecans. Or perhaps some chocolate chips, or blueberries. Basically, add in your favorite toppings or nothing at all. You will still like it.
If you happen to make this Healthy and Delicious Whole Wheat Banana Bread, please upload on Instagram and hashtag with #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your recipes!
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
Healthy and Delicious Banana Bread Recipe
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F degree. Grease an 8x4 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash 2 bananas with a fork. Whisk in the egg. Add yogurt and oil. Mix well with electric mixer.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine using plastic spatula.
- Add some flour. Stir until combined. Add rest of the flour and stir again. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Tap gently so that the batter settles into the dish completely.
- Top with slivered almonds, raisins, chocolate chips or your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, remove from the oven, let it cool for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove the loaf from the baking dish.
- Transfer to cooling rack. Slice, and enjoy with coffee. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for even longer.
Looking for more healthy bread recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
That’s all for today! Until Next Time …..