Rich flavor of coconut combined with tartness of apples makes for this ooey gooey deliciousness of these no bake apple coconut fudge bars!
Festival season is upon us. Are you ready for lots of sweet treats and desserts coming out of This Girl’s Recipes kitchen?
We went apple picking almost a month ago when Fall just started. I still have a lot of them in my fridge, although we have been enjoying the fresh apple juice everyday.
I had been looking to make a solid dish out of them. I made this apple crisp a few times this season, and wanted to try something different. These No Bake Apple Coconut Fudge Bars seemed like the perfect choice.
My mom used to make coconut fudge when we were kids, and we loved it. The richness of coconut with lot of butter and sweetness reminds me of my best childhood days. It was something we used to look forward to whenever my mom decided to make them during the festival season.
I wanted to make something similar but with a touch of healthy. Apple seemed like an easy and obvious addition.
These 3-ingredient, easy to make apple coconut fudge bars takes less then 20 minutes to make and even less time to prepare. You can use fresh or frozen coconut. Freshly grated coconut works best. You need sugar and apples. That’s it.
When you chop the apples, you can either soak them in the water or sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice. You have to do this to prevent cut apples from turning brown, because when you cut the apples, the iron in the apples reacts with the environment to produce oxidation. As a result, apples or basically anything that contains iron starts turning brown.
Rich flavor of coconut combined with the tartness of apples makes for soft, chewy and gooey deliciousness. Topped with shredded almonds and pistachios, this is a treat you ‘ll want to eat everyday!
If you happen to make these Apple and Coconut Fudge Bars, please upload on Instagram and hashtag #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your creations.
No Bake Apple Coconut Fudge Bars Recipe
- Peel and chop the apples. Soak in water so that they do not turn brown because of the oxidation.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add shredded coconut and sugar. Cook on medium to low heat for 10 - 15 minutes. Keep stirring with wooden spatula to prevent sugar from burning. You can also add little water if it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved, add the chopped apples. Cook for 10 -15 minutes on high to medium heat. Keep stirring with wooden spatula.
- When apple mix starts becoming mushy and turning light brown or transparent, pour the mix into the greased baking pan.
- Top with shredded almonds and pistachios.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 - 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares. Serve at room temperature.
Looking for more recipes perfect for holiday season? Here are some of my favorites!
That’s all for today! Until Next Time …