If you have been following my blog, I’m sure you have noticed a pattern. I’m a fan of superfoods like avocados, quinoa and spinach. I love my smoothies and like to whip up a few healthy dishes 3 – 4 times a week. Other days, it’s kind of not so healthy foods that we cook. Who doesn’t get tired of eating same things (read healthy) over and over again!
I am the kind of girl who eats quinoa for dinner one night, then splurge on chocolate cake the next night for dessert, and go for 30 min jogging the next morning. I love the mix of healthy and not so healthy foods to keep a balanced lifestyle. I’m sure most of you are like this too.
These spinach potato balls are very much like these potato cakes, but baked instead of shallow fried. You can take these for a potluck or party.
Make them ahead of time and freeze for 2 – 3 days. When you are ready to eat them, simply thaw them for sometime and bake for 20 minutes or so. That’s it.
If you love to brag about how you can whip up a quick snack or appetizer, these spinach potato balls are totally what you need. These are one of my favorite go to snack for another reason. Mashed Potatoes. Yup, mashed potatoes make these so much more delicious and so filling.
Mashed potatoes, spinach, beaten egg, onion and a hint of garlic adds to the flavor of these spinach potato balls. Since these are perfect quick snacks, I use frozen spinach. You can use fresh spinach leaves, if you have some at home.
You need only a handful of ingredients to make these spinach potato balls. Spinach leaves, boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped onion, egg, butter or margarine, salt and black pepper.
Line the baking sheet with a parchment paper. Once these ingredients are thoroughly mixed, make small balls using hands or scoop out using the ice cream scoop. Place these on the parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly brown.
These super simple and easy to make spinach potato balls are so delicious and healthy that you can enjoy these guilt free and eat up as many as you want.
If you happen to make these spinach potato balls, please upload on Instagram and hashtag with #thisgirlsrecipes. I’d love to see your recipes!
Super Delicious Baked Spinach Potato Balls Recipe
- Yield: 15 - 18 Balls
- Defrost the spinach, and pat dry with the paper towel until all the moisture dries out.
- Preheat oven to 350F degree. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the boiled and peeled potatoes. Add spinach, chopped onion, beaten eggs, cheese, butter, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly with a hand or a plastic spatula until combined.
- Once mixed and combined, make balls using hands. You can also scoop out the mix with ice cream scoop, and place on the parchment paper, placed on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the balls start getting lightly brown on the outside.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip.
Looking for more quick snack ideas? Here are some of my favorites!
That’s all for today! Until Next Time …..